Saturday, December 23, 2006

Just like her mama...

Some of you may or may not know this, but Hadley grew up with two older brothers. As a result, she never really considered herself a "little sister," but more of a "little brother." Despite her mother's attempts, Hadley never had anything to do with dolls or anything "girlie" in nature. She wanted to be out in the yard, playing football and rolling in the dirt like her brothers. After years of doing that, the girl got pretty tough. So tough, in fact, that when I started dating her and figured out how to pick at her or push her buttons, she didn't fight back like your typical girl...no slapping or flapping her hands or arms like most girls do. No, Hadley would literally make a fist, draw back, and punch me like Mike Tyson. The first time she did it, despite how bad it hurt, I couldn't help but laugh. Everytime I'd make her really mad, she'd make that fist and draw it back like she was going to punch me. Hilarious.

Now I'm a proud papa. I have a little girl named Sloane. And yes, she's a Daddy's Girl already. But she's just like her mama. She doesn't take any crap off anyone. For example, when we were trying to get her all propped up to take her picture for our Christmas card, she wasn't too happy about it. Not sure if it was the dress she had on or if it was the uncomfortable position we had her in. Regardless, she wasn't happy. And just how did I know this? Well, because she drew a fist just like her mother.....



We liked this picture so much that we decided to go ahead and use it. Looks like I'm in BIG trouble down the road.....!

No comments: